Wherwell Priory is a stunning, historical site - and perfect for a wedding - positioned right beside the lovely church at Wherwell, in the heart of the village, but surrounded by magnificent grounds and parkland. The estate is family-owned and the number of weddings is strictly limited. It is available on an exclusive-use basis only.
The village of Wherwell is often cited as being one of the prettiest villages in the Test Valley, with its winding streams and thatched wood-timbered cottages. For further information go to the village website. It is situated between Winchester, Stockbridge and Andover, and about half an hour away from Basingstoke, Newbury, Salisbury and Southampton.
This stunning wedding venue ticks all the boxes:
- beautiful island setting in magnificent parkland
- the streams and river offer scope for effective and unusual lighting
- exclusive and limited use
- varied settings for photographs - river bank, secret garden, water garden, forest path, flowered walkway...
- car parking, church, grounds all connected
- extensive car parking
- easy access from both the M3 and M4
- good supply and wide variety of characterful accommodation available in the surrounding area